Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bulletin: :No trial, no Chicago

Yesterday (Tuesday), literally five minutes before we were about
to leave for Chicago--Nate was loading and warming up the car--
Dr. Kang called to say I am not eligible for the trial.
Apparently, although I have no symptoms, the EKG showed
that I have a damaged mitral heart valve, and it would
be too dangerous for me to be in the study.

About 5 PM last night Dr. Kang called again to confirm that
the head of the study, Dr. Raitan, had made the final decision
on this.

I have an appointment tomorrow (Thursday) at UW to see
what's next.

Am I surprised? No. Angry about the timing? For sure.

1 comment:

Elsa D. said...

Only read this post after commenting on the other one!
Hope it all works out and you get on a trial that work for you.